Wednesday, August 6, 2014

30 reasons I hate (and love) my writing

As an author, I believe I handle people critiquing my writing very well. You see, all of the stuff that is critiqued is usually 1: Supposed to be that way, or 2: Absolutely and completely true stuff that I agree with. 

So below, I shall list all the things that annoy me about my own writing. This will be fun. 

1.) Love for anti-heroes
2.) Love for villains
3.) More love for villains and anti-heroes than protagonists
4.) REDEMPTION 
5.) Melodrama
6.) Stupid puns
7.) Dreadful insults
8.) Pointless analogies 
9.) Dorky humor
10.) "Suddenly"
11.) Focusing way too much on facial expressions
12.) Focusing way too much on eyes
13.) Inability to write a heterosexual couple
14.) Angstity-angst-angst
15.) Dialogue sounding like it's from a manga/anime
16.) Overuse of Japanese names
17.) Abuse
18.) Abusive love (yeaaaah)
19.) Waaaay too much focus on tongues
20.) Mixing up "then" and "than"
21.) Mixing up "accept" and "except"
22.) Long business conversations
23.) Over emotional
24.) Too much crying
25.) Corny lines meant to sound cool
26.) Characters being mute
27.) "Everyman" protagonists
28.) Most chicks are bad-asses
29.) Sexy supernaturals
30.) Everything seems to have been influenced by stupid manga or fanfiction that I have read. Flipping wonderful. 

So there you go. Thirty reasons why I love to hate my own writing. But...if you enjoy any of that stuff, definitely feel free to check out some of the stuff I've written! You'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment